I’m Bonnie Martin, the founder of Zen Web Themes, and currently the sole creator and operator here. That’s me and my dog, Kiki. She’s a 9 year old Poodle and I’ve had her since she was 10 weeks old.
I’m a front end web developer in Sacramento, California. I’ve worked in web development since 2000, in many capacities such as ecommerce, tech support, technical writing, and SEO.
I started Zen Web Themes in early 2016 in an effort to spend more of my time doing what I love—building websites. I’ve wanted to create my own WordPress themes for a long time, and in 2015 I delved into the programming side of WordPress and learned enough to make that idea into reality.
I want to empower you to take control of your own website.
I always recommend WordPress to my clients because it’s open source, has a great developer base, and is user-friendly.
In my direct work with website clients, I’ve helped people create new WordPress websites and refresh their old ones. I’ve learned what small business owners want out of their websites and what they need to help their business thrive. I’m building that functionality into my WordPress themes. I’m also familiar with the level of technical knowledge the average website owner has, and I’m making my themes as easy to use as possible.
Zen Web Themes Code of Design and Development
- Minimal Design: It’s easy to create a design that’s cluttered and messy, but I think that web design should be seen and not heard. A good web design should fade into the background, providing you with a structure to work with. Your own content should be what gets all the attention. My designs are simple and clean.
- Easily Customizable: I’m creating my themes to be easy to work with. All of the customization settings are in the native WordPress Customizer, or within custom widgets that seamlessly integrate into the theme. There’s never a separate “theme options” page that you have to learn how to use.
- Responsive Layout: Every theme has a responsive layout that adapts to screen size. I test the design on a computer, iPad, and iPhone. I’m accepting donations of used Android devices to use for testing 😉 The design is neither mobile-first or computer-first—it’s created to work everywhere.
- Free Updates: Free theme updates are available when they are published. You can download the new files from within your account.
- Detailed Documentation: All of the theme documentation is publicly available for your use. It walks you through the entire process of configuring your website, step-by-step.
Follow me on Twitter @bonjmartn
Contact me about themes here.